It's just about Summer in Cape Town and that means beach season! If you're a new mama and this is your first Summer with your baba, we thought we would share the most important tips you need to know about taking your little one on a beach outing.
1. Make sure to lather your baby in Baby Sunscreen that is at least SPF50. Do this every 2 hours or after they've been in water.
2. Bring a beach tent and an umbrella. It is super important that your baba doesn't get exposed to harsh sunlight.
3. Stay hydrated. You, as a mama, need to keep yourself hydrated (especially if you're still breastfeeding) and your baba needs to stay hydrated too. Keep any water and milk in a cooler bag away from the sun.
4. Pack a first aid kit for any minor emergencies.
5. Bring multiple swim suits for your baba to change into after being wet as well as a sun hat and warmer clothes in case your baba gets cold.
6. Use swimming nappies and bring extra!
7. Take lots of towels and a big picnic blanket. If the beach tent gets too warm, line it with towels to lower the temperature.
8. When swimming with baba, stay in the shallow section of the beach, keep a firm hold on baba and make sure her head remains well above the water.
9. Bring snacks that won't spoil in warm weather.
10. Have fun!