Being a mom and a business women can be a difficult thing to balance. Here is what Kate Arends thinks about it.Read More
Sometimes as a mom you have to work or want to work. Being a working mom is tough, draining and exciting all at the same time. It can take a lot out of you by trying to get the work-life balance sorted. Here's some encouragement from Tina Fey (who is super successful at what she does AND is a great mom):
"I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you're just thinking, 'This is impossible — oh, this is impossible.' And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible."
Here are our top tips for being a balanced working mama:
1. Schedule well, for yourself and your kiddos.
2. Make to-do lists and PRIORITISE.
3. Be present, not perfect.
4. Simplify meals + chores.
5. Look after yourself.
6. Switch off your phone when work is done.
7. Ask for flexible hours, if possible.
8. Hire help if you need it.
9. Buy your groceries online.
10. Make time for extra snuggles with your kiddos.
Here's to perfecting the work-life balance!
Top image from here.